MySQL is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) that has been a cornerstone of web applications and data-driven solutions for over two decades. Developed by Oracle, MySQL offers a robust and efficient platform for storing, managing, and retrieving structured data. Its features include support for SQL, high performance, scalability, and extensive community support. MySQL is widely used for web development, e-commerce, content management systems, and more, making it a versatile and trusted database solution for organizations of all sizes, from startups to large enterprises.
81. What is the primary purpose of database backups in MySQL?
Answer:To protect against data loss
82. Which MySQL command is used to create a logical backup of a database?
83. What is a physical backup in MySQL?
Answer:A backup of the entire database server
84. How can you perform a point-in-time recovery in MySQL?
Answer:Apply binary log files
85. Which backup method is suitable for large databases with minimal downtime?
86. What does the mysqldump utility do in MySQL?
Answer:Performs a full backup of the MySQL server
87. In MySQL, what is the purpose of binary log files?
Answer:To record changes to the database
88. Which statement is used to restore a MySQL database from a backup file created with mysqldump?
89. What is the purpose of the InnoDB storage engine's doublewrite buffer in MySQL?
Answer:To prevent data corruption during crashes
90. What is a cold backup in MySQL?
Answer:A backup taken when the server is shut down