PostgreSQL, often referred to as Postgres, is a powerful open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) known for its scalability, robustness, and extensibility. It offers advanced features like ACID compliance, support for complex data types, and support for both SQL and NoSQL data. PostgreSQL is highly regarded for its performance, security, and reliability, making it a popular choice for applications ranging from small startups to large enterprises. Its active developer community continuously enhances and maintains the software. PostgreSQL is an excellent choice for data storage, analysis, and management in various domains, including web applications, data warehousing, and geospatial applications.
1. What is PostgreSQL?
2. Who developed PostgreSQL?
3. Which SQL language is used in PostgreSQL?
4. What type of licensing does PostgreSQL use?
5. What is the default port for PostgreSQL?
6. Which of the following data types is not supported by PostgreSQL?
7. What is the primary key constraint in PostgreSQL used for?
8. Which programming languages can be used to interact with PostgreSQL?
9. What is the command to create a new database in PostgreSQL?
10. What is the default authentication method in PostgreSQL?