MongoDB is a popular NoSQL database system renowned for its flexibility and scalability. It uses a document-oriented model, storing data in JSON-like BSON format, allowing for dynamic schemas and easy data manipulation. MongoDB's distributed architecture supports horizontal scaling, ensuring high availability and performance. It's widely utilized for applications requiring real-time data access and complex data structures. Its features include automatic sharding, replication, and support for geospatial data, making it a versatile choice for a broad range of industries, from e-commerce and social media to IoT and big data analytics.
41. What is the primary purpose of indexes in MongoDB?
Answer:To query for documents
42. Which MongoDB index type allows for fast retrieval of documents based on a single field?
43. What is a compound index in MongoDB?
Answer:An index with multiple fields
44. Which MongoDB index type is used for searching text within string fields?
45. What is a unique index in MongoDB?
Answer:An index with unique values
46. What does the term "sparse index" mean in MongoDB?
Answer:An index with missing values
47. How can you create a compound index in MongoDB using the MongoDB shell?