PostgreSQL, often referred to as Postgres, is a powerful open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) known for its scalability, robustness, and extensibility. It offers advanced features like ACID compliance, support for complex data types, and support for both SQL and NoSQL data. PostgreSQL is highly regarded for its performance, security, and reliability, making it a popular choice for applications ranging from small startups to large enterprises. Its active developer community continuously enhances and maintains the software. PostgreSQL is an excellent choice for data storage, analysis, and management in various domains, including web applications, data warehousing, and geospatial applications.
111. What are PostgreSQL extensions used for?
Answer:To add additional functionality to the database system
112. Which SQL command is used to install a PostgreSQL extension?
113. What is the purpose of the "pg_stat_statements" extension in PostgreSQL?
Answer:To track and log executed SQL statements for analysis
114. What does the "hstore" extension in PostgreSQL allow you to store and manage?
115. What is the "PostGIS" extension used for in PostgreSQL?
Answer:To enable support for geographic and geospatial data
116. What is the purpose of the "uuid-ossp" extension in PostgreSQL?